Re: splitting large mail msgs.

1999-12-12 01:55:57

On Dec 11, 11:54pm, Silver wrote:
Subject: Re: splitting large mail msgs.
This resulted in a message with no body.  I'm trying it with another client
to see if there is any difference, but I suspect there is something awry.

 | formail -rI"To: $ALTADDR" -A"X-Loop: $MYADDR" | splitmail -d -i split

My mistake.  Make sure and add the -b and -k options:

| formail -rI"To: $ALTADDR" -A"X-Loop: $MYADDR" -b -k | splitmail -d -i split

also, $SPLITSIZE can't be less than 20000, otherwise splitmail complains.

Try this:

 SPLISIZE=20000
 MYADDR=Savinien(_at_)excite(_dot_)com
 ALTADDR=silver(_at_)mobile(_dot_)net
 VERBOSE=yes            ## TESTING ONLY
 LOGFILE=./split-log    ## TESTING ONLY
 DEFAULT=/dev/null      ## TESTING ONLY

 ## check that the message exceeds message max
 ## if it does, then format the header to forward the
 ## e-mail to the required address, and pass the entire
 ## message to split_send.
 :0
 * > $SPLITSIZE
 * !^X-Loop:.*$MYADDR
 | formail -rI"To: $ALTADDR" -A"X-Loop: $MYADDR"  -b -k | splitmail -d -i split

and copy it to a file, call it split.rc.  Then,

    procmail split.rc < bigmail.mail

with luck, this will break bigmail.mail (which has to be > 20000 bytes for
this test) into separate MIME chunks and send them on out.
Look at ./split-log to see what happened.

If it works, take out the TESTING ONLY comments, and move the
recipe to where you need it.  Change SPLITSIZE to whatever number
you like, as long as it is >= 20000.