Re: splitting large mail msgs.

1999-12-12 02:21:19
the problem is, I need the messages 140 characters or less.

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999 00:36:03 -0800, Gary Funck wrote:

 On Dec 11, 11:54pm, Silver wrote:
 > Subject: Re: splitting large mail msgs.
 > This resulted in a message with no body.  I'm trying it with another
client
 > to see if there is any difference, but I suspect there is something
awry.

 > >  | formail -rI"To: $ALTADDR" -A"X-Loop: $MYADDR" | splitmail -d -i
split

 My mistake.  Make sure and add the -b and -k options:

 | formail -rI"To: $ALTADDR" -A"X-Loop: $MYADDR" -b -k | splitmail -d -i
split

 also, $SPLITSIZE can't be less than 20000, otherwise splitmail complains.

 Try this:

  SPLISIZE=20000
  MYADDR=Savinien(_at_)excite(_dot_)com
  ALTADDR=silver(_at_)mobile(_dot_)net
  VERBOSE=yes            ## TESTING ONLY
  LOGFILE=./split-log    ## TESTING ONLY
  DEFAULT=/dev/null      ## TESTING ONLY

  ## check that the message exceeds message max
  ## if it does, then format the header to forward the
  ## e-mail to the required address, and pass the entire
  ## message to split_send.
  :0
  * > $SPLITSIZE
  * !^X-Loop:.*$MYADDR
  | formail -rI"To: $ALTADDR" -A"X-Loop: $MYADDR"  -b -k | splitmail -d -i
split

 and copy it to a file, call it split.rc.  Then,

     procmail split.rc < bigmail.mail

 with luck, this will break bigmail.mail (which has to be > 20000 bytes
for
 this test) into separate MIME chunks and send them on out.
 Look at ./split-log to see what happened.

 If it works, take out the TESTING ONLY comments, and move the
 recipe to where you need it.  Change SPLITSIZE to whatever number
 you like, as long as it is >= 20000.