Forwarding from multiple accounts

2000-01-16 15:07:22
Hello,

I have searched the procmail FAQs, the archived replies to this mailing list, and the web, and I have failed to find an answer to this question. I'd be much appreciative if you could help me out.

I administer a small web site for a non-profit organization. We would like to be able to allow our volunteers to have yourname(_at_)OurOrganization(_dot_)org email addresses that forward to their existing private email accounts. At present, I have the procmail recipe set up as follows:

:0c
*^TO_username1(_at_)ourorganization(_dot_)org
! private-email1(_at_)home(_dot_)org

:0c
*^TO_username2(_at_)ourorganization(_dot_)org
! private-email2(_at_)home(_dot_)org

this continues through our list of 60+ volunteers until the message is killed by the

:0
/dev/null

command so that we don't end up collecting mail that was intended for our volunteers (some privacy issues involved here)

I know this isn't the prettiest way of doing this, but I'm quite new at this, and after working through serveral options, this was the lesser of all the evils.

The system has the following requirements which are currently met:
        (1) Forwarding to from multiple email accounts to multiple email
accounts
        (2) Able to send to multiple persons on the list

I also would like to be able to do the following things, which I cannot seem to be able to do efficiently:
        (1) Forward messages when the recipient is in the CC: or BCC: line
(2) Send an autoreply when someone sends email to an address within our domain that doesn't exist (currently, if you misspell an email address or send to someone that isn't registered with the forwarding service yet, the message is just shredded by the /dev/null command - This has already caused some confusion within our organization and I forsee it causing me a great deal of grief in the future).

Thanks in advance,

Rick