AIX 4.3 Problem.

2000-01-20 21:01:41
I'm having a problem with procmail v.3.14 on AIX 4.3.

I've configured procmail as the local delivery agent for sendmail.

Mail does get delivered to my mailboxes, but procmail is _not_ reading the
~/.procmailrc file.  If I run:

$ echo "test" | procmail -m ~/.procmailrc

The filters are read, but if I omit that -m option, same result as before
- mail is appended to my mailbox, but the .procmailrc isn't read.

Checking the mailing list archives, I've noticed someone else complained
of the same problem, and it was suggested procmail -f $USER -d $USER
should be tried - I've tried that, with no success.

I'm not familiar with AIX, so I haven't tried a system call trace (I don't
know what the strace/truss equivalent on that platform is)....

                                        Vijay Gadad