Re: AIX 4.3 Problem.

2000-01-20 23:06:07
Vijay Gadad <vijay(_at_)gadad(_dot_)net> writes:
I'm having a problem with procmail v.3.14 on AIX 4.3.

I've configured procmail as the local delivery agent for sendmail.

Mail does get delivered to my mailboxes, but procmail is _not_ reading the
~/.procmailrc file.  If I run:

$ echo "test" | procmail -m ~/.procmailrc

The filters are read, but if I omit that -m option, same result as before
- mail is appended to my mailbox, but the .procmailrc isn't read.

What are the permissions on $HOME and $HOME/.procmailrc?  Procmail's won't
use $HOME/.procmailrc if the user's home directory is world or group
writable, or if the file itself is world or group writable, or if the
file or directory isn't owned by either the user or root.

Philip Guenther