Re: Forwarding First Part of Message to alphanumeric pager

2000-02-06 19:13:04
Keith,

I currently forward certain e-mails to my alphanumeric pager.  With my paging
service, I just forward the whole e-mail, they discard anything past 200 or so
characters.  No processing is necessary on my end.

Something this simple might do the trick for you:

:0c
!yourpager(_at_)pagercompany(_dot_)com

Tom

Keith Calligan wrote:

 Hi, I've been doing a lot of research on the subject of using procmail to
forward messages to an alphanumeric pager but haven't seen anything that is
exactly what I am looking for. I have procmail functional on my server and it
is working properly.  What I need is a recipe that forwards all email to my
alphanumeric pager's email address.  I only need to forward the sender,
subject, and the first 200 characters of the body to my pager. Everything else
I've seen involves breaking the messages down into a bunch of smaller
messages.  I just need the first part of the message sent to my
pager. Thanks, Keith
Calligankcalligan(_at_)home(_dot_)comhttp://www.nwiserv.com