Re: procmail as sendmail filter

2000-02-07 15:40:38
On Sun, Feb 06, 2000 at 09:51:54AM +0100, Brian Dawson wrote:
Yes, filtering by the size of the message isn't the problem. The problem is
that I would like to filter this on our mail relay, before it is relayed.
Since our relay doesn't relay any mail locally, I need to have procmail
called from a ruleset and checked from there. As it stands right now,
procmail is never called because the mail is never going to the LDC.

Sounds like what you need to do than, is to make your relay host "deliver"
locally after all, than have procmail do the filtering, sending anything that
should get forwarded back to sendmail to be forwarded as needed.

--
Andrew Edelstein                email: andrew(_at_)infonent(_dot_)com
Core Services Division          voice: 408-278-4430

All opinions or statements are my own and are not official statments of either
Comms People, Inc. or Infonent.com, Inc./ Ideaflood, Inc.