Stop Fetchmail Stripping Off the Header???

2000-03-27 01:41:45
Hello,

If the message doesn't have that "From " (Explicitly, "From<space>")
header, then elm will complain about a corrupt mailbox.  I suspect
that whatever you are using to pull those messages from your ISP is
stripping that header off for some reason -- procmail won't remove it,
but it won't (by default) create it either.
[snip]
  procmail -f username(_at_)ISP
to instruct procmail to add a "From " header.

I am receiving mail using fetchmail with the mda "/usr/bin/procmail"
parameter, as Bennett Todd instructed.
Is there any way to stop Fetchmail stripping off this header, then I will
not have to get Procmail to put one back on>>>
correct?   can this be done?

Also, if I could get it working the proper way, without the mda parameter on
fetchmail, so Sendmail sends it to Procmail wil this solve the problem???
Any ideas why procmail isn't being started when I do it this way???
(The MLocal thingy in sendmail.cf is set to procmail!)

Thanks in Advance!!

-----
ORIGINAL QUESTION:

I have the following recipie:

:0:
* ^TO_ian@
/var/spool/mail/ianmail

:0:
* ^TO_anotheruser@
/var/spool/mail/otheruser

..etc..etc..

Now, when I recieve a message, it puts it into /var/spool/mail/ianmail fine,
but when I go from my windows POP3 client and log on to pick it up, it says
I have no mail. Then, when I log on to the linux box as ianmail, mail says I
have no mail (Even though the message is in /var/spool/mail/ianmail !). When
I run elm, it says:

Reading in /var/spool/mail/ianmail, message,0
Folder is corrupt!!  I can't read it!!
Discarding any changes made to mail folder ...
-----

Bye for Now,

Ian

                     \|||/
                     (o o)
 /----------------ooO-(_)-Ooo---------------\
 |  Ian Chilton                             |
 |  E-Mail:    ian(_at_)ichilton(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk           |
 |  Web Page:  http://www.ianchilton.co.uk  |

All e-mail is forwarded to my mobile phone.
(Unless it includes an attachment)

However, I only receive the first 150 characters.
Please structure your message accordingly.

"Unix is user friendly - it's just picky about it's friends."

"Windows is a 32 bit patch to a 16 bit GUI based on a 8 bit operating system
written for a 4 bit processor by a 2 bit company