Re: generating vacation response

2000-04-25 16:34:28
patterns in question aren't doing too many other things. So I've
factored out a bunch more of the patterns in the latest version.

Is your latest version retrievable from somewhere?

You're working way, way harder than I am to try and send as many of
[...]

Yes I agree. Thanks for pointing that out.

Is there an easier way calling sed without having to do all that quoting
calling sed a second time to make sure sed (the first) doesn't barf?

How about a different tool? Perhaps

Good idea...

      | (m4 -DSUBJECT="$MATCH" $PROCDIR/procmail_vacationmsg; \

which doesn't work because m4 leaves the dollar sign behind. Personally
I don't like to use SUBJECT instead of $SUBJECT in the reply-template.

Whether one uses awk or sed for the quoting of the original msg would
be irrelevant, or?

I am forming the opinion that the only way to do with just 1 external
invocation would be to use nawk or gawk, and their gsub().

Volker