Re: grabbing the sender

2000-07-22 06:43:17
On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Kip Turk wrote:

I've got the following recipe to block the KAK virus and it works
great.  But I'd like to modify it to grab the sender and mail the support
staff so they can help the user clean their system.  I'm barely
understanding the simple recipes so far, so I'd appreciate it if someone
could kind of line out the process of a compound match.

It can be done better, but its too early on a Saturday. And it assumes
procmail knows where echo and sendmail are.

N="
"

:0
* B ?? (kak\.hta|alert.*Kagou-Anti-Kro$oft says not today)
* ^\/From:.*
{
        :0c
        | echo "To: wherever"; \
          echo "From: you"; \
          echo "Subject: Infect with kak$N"; \
          echo "$MATCH has sent me the kak virus" | sendmail -oi -t

        :0:
        /tmp/virus

"Here's something to think about:  How come you never see a headline like
`Psychic Wins Lottery'?"
                -- Jay Leno