Missing closing brace?

2000-08-04 06:37:14

Hiya

Since this is my first post to this list, please be gentle with me.

I am trying to write a filter to handle all the mail I get from the various
Security Focus mailing lists but I keep coming across an error I can't seem to
fix:
The offending bit of code:

# Nice 'n neat handling of SF mail
:O
* ^To:.*SECURITYFOCUS.COM
{
        :O
        * ^To:.*BUGTRAQ
        Bugtraq

        :O
        * ^To:.*FOCUS-MS
        Focus-MS

        :O
        * ^To:.*VULN-DEV
        Vulndev

        :O
        * ^To:.*INCIDENTS
        Incidents

        :O
        * ^To:.*SF-NEWS
        SF-News

        :O
        SecurityFocus
}

When I check the log for procmail, it tells me that there's a missing closing
brace...Why? I can see an opening one and a closing one. What gives? I am using
procmail v3.13.1 1999/04/05.
It's probably something very silly and I am just staring blindly at it, but if
someone could let me know what I am doing wrong I'd be very grateful.
When I add an extra "}" at the bottom of this block it stops complaining. I
also checked if there were any other mistakes in the top of my file (variables
and stuff) by setting them to hard values instead of ${foo} values, just to be
sure to be sure. This however seems stupid to me, one opening brace and two
closing braces to fix a braces problem, hrmmm.
Anyways, if someone could enlighten me, I'd be a very happy procmailer.

Thanks in advance,
Xander

Xander Soldaat                                    xander(_at_)soldaat(_dot_)com
Firewall/security consultant                      xander(_at_)competa(_dot_)com

To get my public key, send a mail with "public key request" in the
subject to xander(_at_)soldaat(_dot_)com
Key fingerprint = F252 09D2 893E DAE0 EF09  AC3A 46FC BD78 CC13 BCF2