Re: [Dev] Re: procmail.org future plans

2000-08-21 04:52:53
On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:51:37 -0700 (PDT), Matt Dunford
<matt(_at_)stary(_dot_)zoomedia(_dot_)com> wrote:
I agree with Charlie.  There should be one maintainer who calls all
the shots.  I'm not too familiar with what's going on here with the
politics of procmail and smartlist -- I just use them.  I don't even
know who Stephen is and how he fits in.

Two steps back. Historical overview: Stephen is the original author.
Philip took over a year ago after an IRC chat with Stephen. There were
some fruitful discussions by people who were interested to contribute
what they could. As far as I can tell, Philip is not interested in
e.g. maintaining procmail.org and if we don't attempt to coordinate
things, nobody will develop the site or maintain any mailing lists at
all.

The reason I want a certain level of bureaucracy is that if there is
no agenda and people don't agree on what we need to talk about ahead
of time, we will be wasting people's time. I don't know about you, but
I cannot presently afford to waste any time.

/* era */

Reply-To directed back to procmail-dev. Let's not distribute this
discussion over several mailing lists, please.

--
 Too much to say to fit into this .signature anyway: <http://www.iki.fi/era/>
  Fight spam in Europe: <http://www.euro.cauce.org/> * Sign the EU petition