Re: procmail.org future plans (was Re: does anyone find it ironic that smartlist mailing list is using Mailman? )

2000-08-27 13:32:05
* Thu 2000-08-17 era eriksson <era(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi> list.procmail

[regarding procmail, smartlist development]

First, Short welcome to all:

  I've been away for a along time due to new work and
  too much new responsibilities and lack of good Unix access, but
  every mail from everyone who has submitted comments to pm-ja*.rc
  modules is still saved and waits for date to be addressed. Thank you
  everyone, Especially Ralph Sobek, Camden Spiller, Thomas Paquet,
  Roy Stewart, Mike Harris, Don Jacobson, Haroon Rafique, Manfred Kohl.

  I'm finally running good Linux 2.4 kernel and a CVS pserver,
  and I'm in progress moving development to sourceforge. Please
  wait some time to get all started.

| I think we should have another IRC chat with Stephen and the other
| folks who originally were interested in the procmail.org idea, perhaps
| in early September. I can volunteer to write up an agenda, based on
| earlier messages in this thread. I can also call Stephen and ask him
| what day and time would be suitable (or Philip, if you're going to
| call him anyway at some point, can you bring this up?)

I this is good idea, I'd like to participate. The distribution of
provmail should include all possible goodies in one packet and
additional contributions could be put under contrib/

| I'd be in favor of giving Whom It May Concern some sort of write
| access, and see what comes of it. If (whoever will be running)
| procmail.org is not willing to put up an Anon CVS server, it can be
| moved to sourceforge.net or something.

We really should move everything to sourceforge and have group of
maintainers with CVS commit rights.

Jari