Re: Procmail and Maildir/

2000-08-22 07:18:11
Quoting Gjermund Sorseth <gjermund(_at_)nextra(_dot_)com>:

  >   Thanks for the idea. I put in the following into my
/etc/procmailrc :-

  >   DROPPRIVS = yes
  >
  >   :0 W
  >   | /usr/bin/maildir create $HOME/Maildir; /usr/bin/maildir
deliver $HOME/Mail

  >   EXITCODE=$?
  >   HOST
  >
  >   And when I tried to send an email to the user, I get :-
  >
  >   554 5.3.0 <user(_at_)server(_dot_)domain>... unknown mailer error 1
  >
  >   It seems that the create ignored and the Maildir does not
created in the
  >   user home directory.

What happens when you run procmail in delivery mode from the
command line?

   # procmail -d username

Errmm.... :-

server:~# procmail -d temp
Hello!
(i pressed Ctrl-D)
server:~#

no errors noted but "Hello!" is not sent to temp/Maildir/new . However,
if I were to remove away the above lines and let procmail do it's own
delivering, temp/Maildir/{cur|new|tmp} get's created and "Hello!" get's
thrown into temp/Maildir/new .

Thanks!