Re: Procmail and Maildir/

2000-08-23 18:59:08
Chen Shiyuan <csy(_at_)hjc(_dot_)edu(_dot_)sg> writes:
Hmm.... does the files that procmail creates in the Maildir come in the
form of <_some random characters.some random
characters.server.domainname> or of the form
<time.pid.server.domainname> ?

Cos under the 3.14 that I am using, procmail manages to auto create and
deliver to Maildir/new too but the "problem" being that it creats the
files in the form of <_some random characters> and this causes pine to
make the messages appear as haywired. So I was trying to get the files
created in the form of <time.pid> .

Version 3.15pre (and 3.15 when it comes out, soon) will continue to use
the form:
        _<encoded pid>X<encoded time>.hostname
                      ^
                      \ this is one of the four characters .,+%

Have you talked with the person who wrote the pine maildir patches
about this?  Maildir clients are not _supposed_ to parse or interpret
the filename of the messages themselves.

Philip Guenther