Re: gosh, I wish I could use it

2000-09-10 12:34:09
Sean Straw proposed,

| By any chance, have you considered using fetchmail (or a plain .forward to
| one account) to consolidate your mail to one account?

No, I hadn't, and thank you for the suggestion.  Certainly if I install Linux
on my home computer I'll consolidate all mail there (except webmail on sites
that don't allow POP3 access nor forwarding).  Some of my webmail addresses
are forwarded to shell accounts now.

But currently I wouldn't want to handle all my mail at one single place.
There are psychological compartments I like and want to keep; when I log into
a certain account I want to have only its mail on my mind.  Separate folders
at the same account don't provide enough differentiation for that.  There may
come a point where the situation that made me start this thread will overcome
that, though.

And I just remembered another problem that ... oh damn.