Re: gosh, I wish I could use it

2000-09-09 18:50:30
Sigh.

It surely would be nice to use procmail the way it was intended.

I don't administer any systems, and procmail is not the LDA at any of my
shell accounts.  It never has been, and I can't even hope for it to be.
(Yeah, yeah, run Linux on my local machine ... sure.  Anyone tempted to say
that is welcome to take care of all my stresses and responsibilities for the
next couple years while I learn how to install and manage it.)

AFAIK pretty well all distros install procmail by default and configure
sendmail to do it. So, all you need is your .procmailrc file(s) on your Linux
box.

Certainly, configuring sendmail to use it if it doesn't already is pretty
straightforward (but lots of reading) if you use the sendmail configuration
tools (m4 macroes).

The time you've already spent stuffing around on boxes you don't control would
have been ample to set it up on one you do;-) The only hard part about
procmail is the recipes.