Re: Removing [somelist] from subject lines

2001-01-24 07:24:50
From: Holger Wahlen <H(_dot_)Wahlen(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de>

Mike A. Harris wrote:

The other thing is, what if more than one [Xpert] appears in the
subject?  I'd like to silence all of them.  So would the
/g take care of that, or would I have to resort to more trickery?

Ah, there we are - yup, that's what the "g" is for [in sed and its kin].

Yes, if there are multiple "[Xpert]" strings in one Subject line
that he wants to delete, he's probably better off reverting to sed.

One could conjure it with the formail code that David Tamkin refined
following my proposal; but one would need a recursion with an INCLUDERC
file, I think, and that is a lot of effort simply to be able to run
formail possibly multiple times - along with a file read - as opposed
to sed once.

--
Netcom has imploded.  Please now use NOTnetcom.com for mail.
Ex-Netcommies:  Mail "forwards" for free forwarding service!