Re: Removing [somelist] from subject lines

2001-01-24 09:42:28
Dallman Ross wrote,

| One could conjure it with the formail code that David Tamkin refined
| following my proposal; but one would need a recursion with an INCLUDERC
| file, I think, and that is a lot of effort simply to be able to run
| formail possibly multiple times - along with a file read - as opposed
| to sed once.

Actually, if one set up a recursive INCLUDERC, one would use it to prepare
the final subject line piece by piece and then, when the recursion is done,
call formail only once.  There wouldn't be a need to fork formail afresh with
each recursion.

Even so, running sed once without the extra rcfile and the testing for recur-
sion is more efficient.  I'm not disagreeing with Dallman about which is the
winner, only about the margin of victory.