Re: Help pls!

2001-02-14 19:40:34
On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Matthew W. Roberts wrote:

mr> I vote for simplification:
mr>
mr> :0
mr> * ^FROM.*abc.net
mr> * !TO.*abc.net
mr> |cat - /etc/procmailrcs/footer.txt
mr>

  Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't that be
        * !^TO.*abc.net

also, and this is where I'm unsure, but would you want to excape (is
that the correct term?) the periods in the address portions like the
following
        * !^TO.*abc\.net

  I can never understand that particular practice, I've seen mention of it
before, but just never quite understood it. Other then that, I totally
agree with simplication when ever possible. Makes for much cleaner
procmail files.

mr> The TO macro should expand to catch To, Cc, Bcc, etc...
mr>
mr> Not sure why yours didn't work, though.
mr>

--
        S.Toms - tomas(_at_)primenet(_dot_)com - www.primenet.com/~tomas
                   SuSE Linux v7.0+ - Kernel 2.2.18

It has been said that man is a rational animal.  All my life I have
been searching for evidence which could support this.
                -- Bertrand Russell