Re: spawning an external app

2001-02-17 22:50:24
At 12:34 AM -0500 2/18/01, D E Hammond wrote:
Well it still got delivered because it didn't match $VIRUSADDR. I'm not
absolutely sure, but believe this condition wouldn't have matched until
it encountered a message with a header like:

VIRUSADDR

In other words, the regular expression is "^" (beginning of line anchor)
causing it to look for the 2 line header above. You'd probably wait a
long time before that matched ;-). But when a message comes in with
an "X-Loop: virus-alert(_at_)sktc(_dot_)net" header, it won't match that
either. It
just hasn't been exposed yet.

Heh, yeah, that probably take a while to match a line like that. Thanks for the input on that. Who knows, maybe somebody will write a virus to match our existing filters for a change. ;)

I do have another small issue though. I just made a rather ignorant mistake. I tested an addition to this recipe that I wasn't quite sure on my production box. I only had the addition in place for 10-15 seconds before I saw it wasn't working but some mail had already been misdirected. Not much mail, 40 pieces or so (not a recipient count but a message count), but I should make sure it gets where it's supposed to go. Here's what I appended to the recipe:

:0:
/var/spool/mail/quarantine/anna

I also stuck a "c" back at the beginning of the recipe too. Yeah, dumb thing to do I see now. To fix this I tried

formail -s /etc/procmailrc < /var/spool/mail/quarantine/anna

Well, that delivered each message to root instead of the actual recipient. Any quick fix to deliver these message to the correct users? I just received this snippet below from Philip. I'm not sure what the "A" does exactly but I imagine it will work. I'll try it on my test box and look up the details later. :)

        :0 ch
        * current recipes stuff
        | (formail -r .....

        :0 A
        alternate/mail/spool/$LOGNAME

Justin Shore       K-State Linux Distro Mirror, Sysadmin
macdaddy(_at_)vinnie(_dot_)ksu(_dot_)ksu(_dot_)edu
<http://vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu/mirror/rpm2html>
<ftp://vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu/pub/mirror/linux>

*Internet2 Users*
<ftp://quest.ksu.ksu.edu/pub/mirror/linux>