RE: Virus protection.

2001-02-27 11:08:50

Hi all,
I'm new for procmail.

Please turn off HTML formatting of email messages sent to mailing lists.  It's
considered bad form.

How can I protect my mail of virus in help of /etc/procmailrc?
The subject of virus is exactly: Here you have, ;0)
What must I write to my procmailrc?

It depends what you want to do when you match the condition (i.e. the Subject in
this case)

I'd send it to a folder

:0w:
* ^Subject: Here you have, ;0)
virus-folder

FYI this particular virus came with several different Subject: line
modifications, so this may not protect you as much as you'd expect.

procmail is not a substitute for having anti-virus software!