Help on simple spam filter

2001-03-05 20:24:25

    I wish to build a simple spam filter consisting of a single sh, perl
or C program that receives all mail coming into our system for all users,
and decides on its own internal criteria,

    1.) Deliver the mail to /var/spool/mail/$USER
    2.) Deliver the mail to /var/spool/spam/$USER
    3.) Deliver the mail to /dev/nul

    Would someone please quickly explain how this script is called in
/etc/procmailrc?  I would like to avoid having the shell script do the
delivery of the mail itself, but wish to pass the mail back to procmail
for final delivery.

    This probably won't work :)

    0:
    | spamprogram