Re: Problem with installation of procmail v3.15.1

2001-03-09 05:09:01
Philip Guenther writes:
Lars Hecking <lhecking(_at_)nmrc(_dot_)ucc(_dot_)ie> writes:
Does procmail actually use any of the functions in libgen (the fact that
removing libgen from SEARCHLIBS works indicates that this is indeed the
case)? If not, libgen should not be in SEARCHLIBS.

On what platforms?  Procmail doesn't need libgen under solaris, but
perhaps Stephen had other reasons for adding -lgen to SEARCHLIBS.  Hmm,
that gives me an evil idea for the next version of procmail...

 I was refering to Solaris only. The only other system I can find libgen
 on now is IRIX, but there seems to be no documentation.

 Just take it out. If that causes problems, we'll hear about it :)

[Btw, have I been resubscribed to procmail-dev? Era didn't reply to me.]