Re: Problem with installation of procmail v3.15.1

2001-03-09 11:29:39
In message <200103090633(_dot_)f296Xfv27483(_at_)callisto(_dot_)gac(_dot_)edu>,
Philip Guenther said:

You must be running procmail on a different machine then the one you
compiled it on.  The "init" step in the make process _does_ look to see
if the library exists.  Indeed, it compiles and links a test program to
see which libraries are present.

This is indeed the case.  I compiled locally, and procmail runs on the mail
server.  I should have compiled it there, but did not know any better.

I'm surprised it couldn't find libgen: /usr/lib/libgen.so.1 is part
of SUNWcsl (Core Solaris, (Shared Libs)) package, the package that
includes libc!  Perhaps your sysadmin has been removing random files?

I just rshed to the mail server and ran find.  /usr/lib/libgen.so is not
there.  Yuo apparently correct, but I am not the sysadmin and had no part in
the installation.

Sorry for the false alarm.  This was not your problem.
--
Jim McMaster
mailto:mcmaster(_at_)falcon(_dot_)stortek(_dot_)com