Re: need recipe for extracting mail content

2001-03-16 13:22:59
On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, David W. Tamkin wrote:

Timothy advised Dave,

| PLEASE DON'T YELL

I'll second that.  Some of us have tired old eyes, and caps lock is a pain to
read, very literally.

...sorry -- I have never been told before that capitalizing a title or
subject heading constituted "yelling." Not to sound unappreciative of both
your efforts, but I am rather surprised that this is an issue. In any
case, the recipe does work fine; the header information isn't really
necessary at this point, although I could probably utilize the 'Subject'
field (in future). Can anyone suggest a means of over-writing the saved
message-body text, rather than appending to it? Thank you very much for
all your efforts.

Regards,
Dave

| :0c
| * ^TOuser(_at_)yourdomain\(_dot_)com
| {
|
|     :0fbw
|     | cat - >> bodies.txt
|
|     :0
|     /dev/null
|
| }

Oy.  All that effort and it doesn't even do the job right.  To be fair,
though, Timothy doesn't have much experience stashing bodies.

 :0bc:
 * LOGNAME ?? that_user
 bodies.txt