RE: need recipe for extracting mail content

2001-03-19 11:03:41
On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Dallman Ross wrote:

Dave, Dave, Dave.  We're on a roll.  Two netiquette lessons in two days!
Please, please, please don't quote an entire message to add a thanks
(s/ks/x/) at the bottom^w <whoops> top.

Not really out to humiliate anyone, but some things just need to be said.
At least you're not posting with HTML code, I'll grant you that much.

...that's why I use Pine (and have done so for eons). I really wish that
you would use more discretion in future. There is no reason to tell an
entire group about one's personal irritaions (and I am saying this as a
general statement). This is mentioned in 'RFC 1855' -- the "official
document" which contains the "netiquette" (to which more than one of you
refers). On page eight, third paragraph, it states:

"If you should find yourself in a disagreement with one person, make your
the list or the group.  If you are debating a point on which the group
might have some interest, you may summarize for them later."

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt?number=1855

Again, I am appreciative of your efforts to assist me with procmail, and I
am not trying to seem ungrateful. Now that this has been
(hopefully) clarified...

Regards,
Dave