Re: Sigh... maildir filename and cleaning up the mess

2001-03-24 05:25:03
nate(_at_)lotech(_dot_)org writes:
Well, it really saddens me that procmail can't write 'standard' maildir
filenames.  I've seen the discussions in the archive on this issue.  Even
if the standard is not 'clear' and mail readers aren't 'supposed' to parse
the filenames, why can't procmail just conform to what everyone else
does?  Is it really that hard to put in the timestamp?  Well, I just

<sigh>

So, you would prefer that procmail help cover up this bug in the other
programs, knowing that it'll just pop up later?  When I say "later",
I mean *this September* for most, if not all, of the programs that
mis-sort messages delivered by procmail.

Explain again how that's a good thing.

Philip Guenther
Procmail Maintainer