snap at Mailman: was Extracting delivery date from Header

2001-04-20 21:54:24
On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:

On an unrelated topic: I noticed a horrible header in this lists'
messages:

*cringe*

Why don't you guys eat your own dogfood and run Smartlist?

Yes, I'm subscribed to the smartlist(_at_)lists(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de list,
the sister list to this one run by Mailman and I can't
unsubscribe myself, because I lost my password. I tried to get it
mailed to me from the Web page, but it never reaches me. The
sysads here misconfigured DNS or qmail when I subscribed as
lang(_at_)chinmin(_dot_)edu(_dot_)tw, and Mailman set me to nomail, so I don't
get
the SmartList list mail, but I can't unsubscribe and I can't
subscribe again as lang(_at_)ms(_dot_)chinmin(_dot_)edu(_dot_)tw, because
Mailman comes
back with the message, You are already subscribed.

It's not all Mailman's fault of course, but at least SmartList
doesn't have the password thing. I'm glad I rememebered my
procmail list one. Couldn't Mailman just depend on the From_
line, which is harder to fake?

--
Greg Matheson                If there is one thing we learn from the
Chinmin College,             study of language learning, it is that