Re: snap at Mailman: was Extracting delivery date from Header

2001-04-23 13:43:51
S.Toms wrote:
On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Greg Matheson wrote:

gm> On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
gm>
gm> It's not all Mailman's fault of course, but at least SmartList
gm> doesn't have the password thing. I'm glad I rememebered my
gm> procmail list one. Couldn't Mailman just depend on the From_
gm> line, which is harder to fake?
gm>

  Not that hard to fake, takes me but a few minutes to make the
change.

Yeah, that statement confused me a bit.  What would make the
"From " line any "harder to fake" than any other?  Maybe it's due
to MUA selection.  With mine (Mutt) and certain options selected,
it's just a matter of editing the "From:" address in the edit
buffer... then the "From " line follows suit.

--
Linux: The Choice of the GNU Generation