Re: exec not available for sendmail

2001-04-22 23:28:48
On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 09:17:48AM -0800, Tim Johnson wrote:
Hello All:
Am both Linux newbie and procmail newbie...

Sendmail delivers mail if .forward is not installed.
With .forward as follows:
|"exec /usr/local/bin/procmail #tim"

I am using Sendmail 8.9.3
fetchmail 5.8.0+NLS
on Red Hat 6.0

It's been a while since I read the FAQ, so I don't know if this has actually
been added yet, but it is deffinitly A FAQ.

Procmail is already the LDA in most Linux distributions, including all
versions of RedHat since at least 4.1. You do not need a .forward to process
your mail with Procmail, as it is already doing so. Just build your
.procmailrc and it will process your rules automatically.

--
Andrew Edelstein                http://andrew.pure-chaos.com

I'm getting off right now!
                                Sarah, 07/24/1999