Re: bad bounce

2001-05-17 15:18:32

man procmail doesn't work on this system.

Are you sure procmail is even installed on the system on which you're trying
to use it?

no i am not.. infact.. yer ls -l i think showed that it isn't
installed.. do i have to talk to someone with better permissions?
i was told that they installed the latest version.

aparently he was lying

Have you done "which procmail"?

yes i have noted that in previous posts.

If it is installed somewhere in
your path that will tell you where.

aparently this isn't the case because i didn't think it was installed..
wait.. was that a directory?  (postponing...)

okay.. that doesn't look like an application to me.. jeez.. i guess
this was sort of stupid of me.. but i DID attempt to find out
what the correct directory was.. i already had it.. but apparently
there is some sort of stub there that acts like procmail is
installed.. but the guts ain't

 You want to put that path into your
.forward file EXACTLY as the "which" command gives it to you. If it tells you
something to the effect of "not found", it either ins't intalled inthe first
place, or it is, but it's in an unusual place. Ask your local system
administrator. If this is indeed an AIX system, it would not be unusual for it
to not be there.

--
Andrew Edelstein              http://andrew.pure-chaos.com

Maximus: You would fight me?
Commodus: Why not? Do you think I am afraid?
Maximus: I think you've been afraid all your life.
                              Gladiator