procmailization of vacation/forwarding CGIs

2001-05-23 14:57:28
Hi,

A few months ago you may remember my request for CGIs to implement
the vacation program and forwarding on the web.

I believe it was Reg Quinton who responded with his Perl CGIs
(if not, he created them).

I modified Ray's work by adding Javascript features and a few other things
and am now modifing Ray's code to use an INCLUDERC instead of
the .forward file for enabling/disabling forwarding.  I will also
be re-doing the vacation cgi.

It successfully tests but not being the procmail expert that all of you are,
I'm wondering if I am considering all possible issues.  It's very simple
at this point.

Anyway, here is the relevant code:

   $where     = $query->param('where');    # where to forward mail
   $recipe    = '.forward.rc';             # might call it .forwardrc
   $init_line = ":0\n";
   $init_line = ":0 c\n"
        if $query->param('metoo');      # if checkbox checked

   open(OUTPUT,">$tmp") || html_page("<em>$alert Cannot save list</em>");
   print OUTPUT "$init_line";
   print OUTPUT "! $where";
   close(OUTPUT);
   $ftp->put($tmp, $recipe);   $ftp->quit();

Should I do another print command to do an X-Loop to prevent looping
and a command to prevent responding to MAILER-DAEMON and mailing lists?
What would be the best vanilla code for this?

When completed, I'll make all the HTML and CGI easily available
as customizable to your own site as possible.

Thanks.

Dave Robbins