Re: Mail notification not working

2001-06-13 11:10:25
Chris S. writes:
Hello,

I'm using procmail to seperate all my mail into different mailboxes based on
certain rules (mail list stuff mostly).  I noticed sine I'm not using
/var/spool/mail/username anymore, that my mail notification dosen't work
when I log in or when I finger my acct.

Is there a solution or work around for this problem?

 Some shells have a variable that can be set to check for new mail,
 e.g. csh/tcsh (mail)

$ <ret>
You have new mail in /home/user/Mail/IN.imp.
You have new mail in /home/user/Mail/IN.linux-m68k.
You have new mail in /home/user/Mail/IN.openbsd-misc.
$

 or bash/ksh (MAIL, MAILCHECK, MAILPATH). See your shell's man page
 for details.