A sightly more elaborate "From" regexp

2001-06-19 13:59:58
Hi Gang!
I'm trying to figure out what is necessary to extract an email address from
list traffic(for plonk purposes) where the format of the "From" line is
thus:

stuff-users-admin(_at_)list(_dot_)stuff(_dot_)com; on behalf of; Brian Brown
[bbrown(_at_)his_domain(_dot_)com]

so what I'm looking for is not to plonk the list traffic of course, but to
plonk annoying users who post irrelevant content to the list (in this
hypothetical example our user Brian Brown who is proving troublesome)

I thought this approach might conceivably work, but it's not right somehow:
 :0
* ^From: .+@(.+\.)bbrown(_at_)his_domain\(_dot_)com
/dev/null

It would seem (to me) that this would ignore all before bbrown and pick up
only that email address.
Can anyone correct my thinking and enable the continuing regexp journey
please?

Regards to all and TIA,
-Colin
--