Re: Re: ".procmailrc" & "sh"--solved

2001-06-24 08:01:23
Roy Lanek found the problem:

| I have forgotten to put /bin in .procmailrc's $PATH!

Verbose logging would have exposed procmail's inability to run date.  Since
you had the four static characters "log." in the basename of the logfile, you
still had logging.  If you had been trying to do this with date unavailable:

  LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/`date +'%y-%m-%d'`

you wouldn't have had any logfile to make verbose!  (Of course, you could
have temporarily given the logfile a hard-coded name just to track this
down, like this:

 LOGFILE=.procmaillog
 VERBOSE=on
 IWISHTHELOGFILECOULDBECALLED="$MAILDIR/log.`date +'%y-%m-%d'`"
 VERBOSE=off

to figure it out.)

| > Pentultimately,

Er, penultimately.  Sorry for the typo.

| David, this is a very intelligent idea; will do stans pede in uno.

Is that Latin for "`al regel 'achat"?

| Thank you very much for helping.

You're welcome.  Good luck.