Re: Attempt to fake stamp by - any news?

2001-07-11 02:04:03
alexander(_dot_)skwar(_at_)delphiauto(_dot_)com writes:

On 10.07.2001 20:09:55 Philip Guenther wrote:

So, you should invoke procmail as:

   /usr/bin/procmail -Y -a $DOMAIN

Thanks!  This works!

The original command was:

    /usr/bin/procmail -o -a $DOMAIN -d $LOGNAME

Why did you suggest to dump -o and add -Y?

More crucial is the dumping of the "-d $LOGNAME" option.  Since procmail
is running as you already, entering deliverymode via -d is only a
liability.

Practically everyone should be using the -Y flag to tell procmail to
ignore the silly Content-Length: header field that SysV promulgated
as a way to avoid berkeley mbox's munging of embedded "From " lines.
Unfortunately, it's a cure worse than the disease, so that unless you
know that *all* your software obeys the Content-Length: header field,
you should use the -Y flag.  It really should default to ignoring the
have to wait.

As for the -o flag, I don't know of anyone using it for good effect.
Its effect can almost always be better achieved by giving procmail
something like "-f $LOGNAME" as an option, but I haven't gotten around
to untangling that piece of code.

Philip Guenther
Procmail Maintainer