Re: Attempt to fake stamp by - any news?

2001-07-10 11:15:58
Vince LaMonica <vjl(_at_)cullasaja(_dot_)com> writes:
On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Alexander Skwar wrote:
} Has there been any news about how to turn this message off?

I haven't heard anything on or off this list, and I've not been successful
in my attempts to configure postfix so that procmail won't issue these
warnings. I still can't figure out if it's postfix that's configured in
such a way that procmail is complaining or if procmail is configured in
such a way that it itself is complaining. I think the later, as I've spent
quite some time going over postfix docs and I'm pretty certain I've got
things setup correctly.

Vince's original message included this:
procmail is my MTA, being called as such:

("|/usr/bin/procmail -o -a $DOMAIN -d $LOGNAME")

Am I to understand that the best solution is to get rid of the '-o' arg?
Doesn't this open me to let folks on my box completely falsify their
From_ headers? Or am I just completely confused?

If I remember corrently, postfix invokes programs as the recipient.
Given that and the fact that postfix adds a leading "From " before
feeding it to procmail, there's no need or benefit to using the -d flag.
So, you should invoke procmail as:

        /usr/bin/procmail -Y -a $DOMAIN

(Why $DOMAIN?  Shouldn't that be $EXTENSION?)

Philip Guenther
Procmail Maintainer