Possible errors in configurations

2001-07-20 07:44:05
Hello,

Based on your answers to my questions about the feasibility of employing
procmail to process incoming mail, I began studying about it.

Please advise me how to go forward as I am not able to process my mails in
any way.

I have created $HOME/.procmailrc with the following contents.

set SHELL=/bin/sh

set PATH=/usr/local/bin

set LINEBUF=4096

set VERBOSE=no

set MAILDIR=$HOME/MsgS #( I have created the directory with the necessary
permissions)

set FORMAIL=/usr/local/bin/formail

set SENDMAIL=/usr/lib/sendmail

# Simple recipe
:0c:
$MAILDIR/mail.backup

My .forward file is
"|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f-||exit 75 #mylogin"

The version of procmail is v3.11pre7.

The reslut of 'telnet mydomain.com 25' ( to know about mail agents ) is

telnet mydomain.com 25
Trying mydomain.com ...
Connected to 10.64.157.147.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mydomain.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.9.3+Sun/8.9.3; Fri, 20 Jul 2001
09:21:22 -0500 (GMT)

I feel that procmail is not my LDA as the term 'procmail' itself doesn't
appear anywhere in /etc/mail/sendmail.cf .

I feel my version of procmail may be the cause of non working.
Please advise me what else should I do.

Thanks for your help.
Harsha