Re: Marking messages as read

2001-07-25 09:34:42
* Ross Burton <r(_dot_)burton(_at_)180sw(_dot_)com> [20010725 15:22]: writing
on the subject 'Marking messages as read'
Ross> Hi,
Ross>
Ross> I am using procmail to filter the mail from several mailing lists into
Ross> folders. However, it is quite annoying that my mail client alerts me to
Ross> new mail when I get messages which I sent to the list myself.  How can I
Ross> write a rule in procmail so that any mail from myself is marked as read?
Ross>
Ross> Thanks for any help,
Ross> Ross

In my all my life in this list, I've _not_ heard anyone say that is
possible. Simply tell your MUA to shutup!
better still, assuming that your login name is same as that you use as
your e-mail address' prefix

:0
* $^From.*\<$\LOGNAME\>
| /dev/null

You sought opinions. Mine might not be the best ;-)

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

Women, when they are not in love, have all the cold blood of an experienced
attorney.
-Honori de Balzac