Re: procmail - mutt milebox problem

2001-08-06 07:23:27
Q <flying_q(_at_)go2(_dot_)pl> wrote:
I've just recently startet using linux so don't be annoyed by my stupid
questions.
I've menaged to setup fetchmail to pass my mail directly to procmail, and
procmail seems to work, but after sendig messege to spoolfile I get
"/var/spool/mail/root is not a mailbox" message from Mutt.
               ^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry if I interpret this the wrong way, but it sounds to me like you're
running around as root too much.  Almost all mail that's sent to root
should be forwarded to some other user.

The "xyz is not a mailbox" error I've seen several times, but I don't
remember the fix.  I believe it's a mutt-thing, so you might consider
checking on comp.mail.mutt et al.

-Jan

--
Jan Schaumann