Re: Re: procmail - mutt milebox problem

2001-08-07 00:16:46
I've just recently startet using linux so don't be annoyed by my stupid
questions. I've menaged to setup fetchmail to pass my mail directly to
procmail, and procmail seems to work, but after sendig messege to spoolfile
I get "/var/spool/mail/root is not a mailbox" message from Mutt. I've
figured out that messages in mutt mylbox should start with "From:" header.
Procmail sends messeges with a lot more headers, probably with message
envelope too. If procmail finds in /var/spool/mail/root mutt-like milbox it
seys that its boogy mylbox and renames it. It seems the programs don't
anderstend each other mailbox formats by defaulte. What should I do ??
Getting all the answers in linux is hard, pleas help me !

You're probably not invoking fetchmail correctly.  Here's how I do it:

%> fetchmail -m 'procmail -Yf-'

The -f- tells procmail to generate any missing From_ lines.

--
- Matt Dunford <> zoot(_at_)zotikos(_dot_)com ..
-. www.zotikos.com -- o,;-

"There is not one big cosmic meaning for all, there is only the meaning we
each give to our life, an individual meaning, an individual plot, like an
individual novel, a book for each person."
  -- Anais Nin

Thenx very much. I was just experimenting with comand line options of
procmail and your message actualy was first to arrive with added From_line
so I was able to read it in Mutt ! I've still got lots of unnecessary headers.
think the -Y option will solve the problem.
Once more thank you Matt and I like the quotation very much too ;)

Andrzej Zieba