Re: Problem with matching whole word

2001-09-06 08:25:28
I suggested to Lukas,

 * EXT2 ?? ^^lukas\.futera^^

should do the job.

He replied,

| I tried this - but the rule is not matched anyway. I tried also this:
|
| * EXT2 ?? 'lukas\.futera'
| * EXT2 ?? '^lukas\.futera$'

No, those won't work, because the apostrophes would have to be matched
literally.

We have to stop guessing and get details.  Have you defined a logfile?  Did
you turn on verbose output to the logfile around the recipe that has that
condition?  What does it say?  Please also include this line in your rcfile
while you're testing so that the value of EXT2 will be logged:

LOG="The value of EXT2 is $EXT2
and if we defuse magic characters, it's $\EXT2
" # <-- put closing quotation mark one line down like this

It could well be that EXT2 is not getting set at all.

That leads me to another question: how are you invoking procmail?  Procmail
normally wipes out most of the environment so that it knows it has safe
surroundings.  I don't know enough about your situation to advise you to
override that precaution (by using procmail's -p option), but -- you said
it's under qmail, right? -- you could put this into your .qmail to invoke
procmail:

 | preline /path/to/procmail EXT2=$EXT2

and that one variable will be reinstated in procmail's environment.