Re: copies of messages sent

2001-09-23 03:14:09
(bcc'd to author who may very well not actually be subscribed to this list).

At 17:21 2001-09-22 -0300, Guilherme Passos de Souza wrote:
Expensive Friends,

Please send some of that cheer my way.

carry through you copy of the messages sent by the sendmail, which version
of Sendmail this is possible?

You're asking as SENDMAIL question on a PROCMAIL list.

Unfortunatley, as often as this sort of request pops up, I think it still hasn't made its way into any of the FAQs, which should be updated to include a statement that procmail isn't an outbound mail filter.

Hacking of the sendmail.cf should enable you to do what you want (adding a local addressee to all sent mail), but that is well outside the scope of this forum. See news:comp.mail.sendmail or <http://www.sendmail.org> for information on sendmail configuration. No, I haven't implemented such a change on my own config, so I don't have a ready-made config file to share.

Look around for posts (re: sendmail) about adding disclaimer footers, because the mechanism that does that should be readily adaptable to adding recipients to the message.

Note that if an application on the host establishes a direct connection with a remote SMTP (or whatever mail transfer protocol is being used) server, the MTA on the local host will not be involved in the message handling, and thus message capture will be foiled.