RE: Use procmail on gateway

2001-09-25 12:40:39
Yes, I'm using sendmail 8.9.3.  This seems to be a  good idea, let me try
it.  Thanks!

-Shan Jing
Exodus Communications Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hoff_D [mailto:Hoff_D(_at_)bls(_dot_)gov]
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 3:23 PM
To: Shan Jing
Cc: procmail(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Subject: RE: Use procmail on gateway

I know procmail is a local mailer, is there anyway we can
setup procmail on
relay servers or gateways to filter attachments before
sending to the local
mail servers?  Something like TrendMicro's interscan.

If you are using sendmail you can use something like this in local rule 0:
R$*                             $: <> $1
R<> < @ $* > $*                 $: <@ $1 > $2
R<> $* < @ $* . PROCMAIL . >    $: $>3 $1 @ $2
R<> $* < @ PROCMAIL . >         $: $1
R<> $* < @ $* >                 $: $1 < @ $2 . PROCMAIL . >
R<> $*                          $: $1 < @ PROCMAIL . >

coupled with mailertable entries like this:
PROCMAIL                procmail:/etc/mail/procmail.rc
.PROCMAIL               procmail:/etc/mail/procmail.rc

to direct all mail through procmail and then out again for final delivery.
If you have questions about this set up, let me know.

Dustin