Re: Web interface for procmail?

2001-11-05 11:22:19
On 2001.11.05 16:26 Charlie Summers wrote:
At 10:26 PM -0500 11/2/01, Jen Wu is rumored to have typed:

> Is there such a beast?

   I'm honestly a little confused as to what you're asking for...a "web
interface for procmail" doesn't make much sense, since procmail isn't
really
an interactive program. If you're looking for something to edit
.procmailrc
files, any web-based text editor should work fine.

   But other than the .procmailrc (or /etc/procmailrc, but users don't
get to
play with that one) how else, exactly, _do_ you interface with procmail,
and
how would a web interface help?

A web interface would help people who do not know Procmail and how to write filter rules. It would have menus in plain language, that someone could use to "write" Procmail rules. I recall seeing web interfaces for writing ipchains rules, and this would be analogous to that.
The user could then save the rules into their user procmailrc.

--
Andrew