RE: sendmail->procmail->imap

2001-11-06 09:51:48
Did you enable anonymous writes to user mailboxes?

-----Original Message-----
From: procmail-admin(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
[mailto:procmail-admin(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE] On Behalf Of
Bernd Weber
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 4:47 AM
To: Administrator; procmail(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Subject: Re: sendmail->procmail->imap

Hi Michael,

thanks a lot for your answer. I tried it. But unfortunately for some
reason
it doesn't work. It can't write to imap-mailboxes though they exist.
With this mail I include
the last part of the procmail-log together wit the general procmailrc
and a special .procmailrc.

Maybe there should be done some more configuration in the sendmail.cf.
Connection by the mail server in this way are only accepted if the
imap-user also exists as regular user on the system.

The sendmail-configuration didn't cause any problems. But with procmail
it would be possible to distribute e-mails fetched from a provider and
destinated for different users on the systems to different imap-boxes.

I would be grateful if I could find a solution to that problem.

Besides that it is funny that you have the same last name Weber. But
probably 'Weber' in Germany is almost as abundant
as Mueller, Maier, Schulze. ;)

Greetings Bernd

P.S. In my precedent mail I forgot the appendix

Administrator wrote:

I had a big problem with that as well.  Here is an example that I
have.  I
am using Cyrus IMAP.

#CNN Breaking News Filter
:0:$CYUSER.lock
* ^From: BreakingNews(_at_)cnn(_dot_)com
| $DELIVERMAIL -e -a $CYUSER -m user.$CYUSER

This is in procmail.common

DELIVERMAIL=/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver

You need to have Procmail call Delivermail and then this will put the
message in the users inbox.  Subdirectories are called as:

| $DELIVERMAIL -e -a $CYUSER -m user.$CYUSER.Procmail

Procmail _IS_ case sensitive for your folders.  Also I have not been
able to
have spaces in my folder names, so I would not recomment it.  I either
make
folders one word, or use "_" between words.  I hope that this helps.
Let me
know if you need any more help.

Michael Weber

P.S. Nice last name.  ;)