Re: formail problems from ~/.procmailrc

2001-11-09 16:27:28
I don't see Louis's posts because he always sends them multipart and I don't
read multipart mail, but Justin quoted him as saying,

| > So this is one of my recipes:
| > :0
| > * ^From:.*XXX
| > {
| >   :0
| >   | /usr/local/bin/formail -f -A "X-Spammer: Bogus From header"
| >   EXTENSION=spam
| > }
| >
| > Only problem is the formail call is not working.

It's working fine.  The problem, Louis, is that you omitted the `f' flag to
make the formail call a filter, so procmail delivers the message to the
formail command for final handling.  Since you didn't redirect formail's
standard output anywhere, it goes into the ether.  Try this instead:

 :0
 * ^From:.*XXX
 {
   :0fhw # /usr/local/bin should be in .procmailrc's $PATH already
   | formail -fA "X-Spammer: Bogus From: header"

   EXTENSION=spam
 }

or

 :0fhw
 * ^From:.*XXX
 | formail -fA "X-Spammer: Bogus From: header"
 :0A
 { EXTENSION=spam }