Re: Maildir format delivery

2001-11-13 10:43:49
At 16:14 13/11/2001, you wrote:
John Connor asked,

| However, when I
| tested what would happen with maildirs,  by creating an appropriate
| directory structure and a simple recipe:
|
| :0
| /var/mail/dirk/
|
| .. procmail delivered the mail into /var/mail/dirk instead of
| /var/mail/dirk/new

It sounds as though you're using an older version of procmail that didn't do
qmail-style maildirs.   You
should be using 3.15-2 or 3.22.  (Some other versions since 3.15 tried to
handle maildirs but have some bugs; earlier ones don't do it at all and
treat name/ as an ordinary directory, as yours seems to be doing.)

Thanks, David. I was using 3.21, but I just downloaded & built 3.22 & it still didn't work .. so I downloaded 3.15-2 (just in case) & tried that. Using the simple recipe above, procmail is still delivering into /var/mail/dirk/msg.LDt (for example).

I'm running Solaris 2.6 if that's any use.

Cheers

John