Re: Coredump on large emails

2001-12-05 03:42:28
From: Tuc <tuc(_at_)ttsg(_dot_)com>

procmail v3.22 2001/09/10

SHELL=/bin/sh

:0c
*  ^Content-Type:.*(multipart|related)
* 1^0 B ?? ^Content-Type: audio/x-wav
/dev/null

:0A:
virus.messages

      But we seem to be getting a LARGE email :

-rw-------  1 root  wheel  9470876 Dec  4 17:44 dffB4MiIx08440

      And its undeliverable due to :

Mmailer prog died with signal 11 (core dumped)

From comments that have arisen on this list already a few times over,
for example, the last month (see searchable list archives at procmail.org),
I am led to suspect the reason - though I am not at all sure.

My suspicions is that procmail is trying to ingest the entire message,
but that it is too large for the program's cache.  According to the